After a bit of extensive research, I have come up with 101 free online tools to help you grow your online business. Check them out below!
2. BuzzSumo – Helps you find content related to your niche that will perform well for your audience.
3. Content Strategy Helper – A spreadsheet based tool to help you identify content you can share.
4. Copyscape – Helps you search the web for copies of your content.
5. Google Alerts – Helps you monitor the web for interesting content related to your chosen niche.
6. Delicious – Helps you discover, save and organize interesting articles on the web.
7. Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator – Generates a week’s worth of blog post titles with the words you enter.
8. Kill Writer’s Block – Helps you come up with SEO friendly article titles related to your keyword.
9. Emaze – Helps you create amazing presentations from professionally designed templates.
10. Prezi – Helps you create publicly visible presentations that you can present and collaborate with on their website.
11. Online-Convert – Online file converter that converts documents, images, audio and video from one format to another.
12. ContentGems – Sends you curated content for the topics you specify, that you can use to inspire your own content writing.
13. Doc 2 PDF – Converts a Word document into PDF format.
14. Small PDF – Converts images, documents, spreadsheets, and slideshows into PDF files.
Audio & Video
16. YouTube My Webcam – Records from your webcam and publishes the video directly to your YouTube account.
17. Animoto – Creates 30 second long videos and slide-shows from your photos.
18. Vocaroo – Allows you to create an audio recording right from your browser.
19. Screencast-O-Matic – Allows you to record a screencast of up to 15 minutes.
20. Audacity – Free audio software to record and edit audio files.
21. WeVideo – Allows you to create, edit and share videos online.
23. Google Trends – Shows you what is trending for the topics you specify.
24. Ubersuggest – Find the most popular online search terms for your keywords.
25. SEO Toolbar – Pulls useful marketing data from websites you visit to help you gain a better understanding of a site’s SEO ranking.
26. On Page Optimization Tool – Scans your webpage for specified keywords and allows you to review the information that is picked up by search engines.
27. Side-by-Side SEO Comparison Tool – Allows you to scan your webpage and a competitor’s webpage side-by-side, to see how they compare with respect to SEO.
29. Feedly – Helps you keep a running list of all the sites that you want to share content from on social media.
30. Pocket – Allows you save interesting articles that you can later share with your audience.
31. Followerwonk – Helps you find more about your followers and influencers in your niche on Twitter.
32. Social Mention – Helps you track what people are saying about your business across various social medial channels in real time.
33. SharedCount – Tracks the number of times your content has been shared across various social media channels.
34. Pin Count – Helps you find the number of times a page/post on your site has been pinned on Pinterest.
35. Bitly – Shortens article links so they are more feasible for social media sharing.
36. TweetDeck – Helps you maintain several Twitter accounts, and keep track of particular topics, events and hashtags on Twitter.
38. Draft – Helps you maintain versions of your written content and collaborate with other writers.
39. Wridea – Helps you keep track of your ideas, organize them, share them with friends, and improvise on them.
40. Word Counter – Tells you how many words and characters are present in your content, along with the keyword density.
41. oTranscribe – Enables you to easily transcribe audio/video files, and YouTube videos right in your browser.
42. TextCleanr – Cleans the formatting from text you want to copy/paste from one application to another.
44. Easel.ly – Easily create infographics using ready-made templates.
45. Infogr.am – Helps you create online charts and infographics.
46. MW Snap – Takes screenshots of any program on your computer.
47. Patternizer – Helps you generate creative patterns for your graphic needs.
48. PicResize – Enables you to easily crop, resize and edit your images online.
49. Wordle – Generates word clouds from text you provide.
50. Visual.ly – Helps you create infographics and presentations for your business.
51. iCharts – Helps you design interactive charts for public sharing.
53. What The Font – Identifies the font used in a particular image.
54. ColorHexa – Provides an encyclopedia of colors to help you with your website design.
55. ColorCombos – Grabs all the colors used in a particular website.
56. Check My Colours – Verifies if the foreground and background colors of a website have sufficient contrast.
57. Wordmark.it – Displays the input text in all the fonts on your computer.
58. Color.HailPixel – Helps you create color swatches for your web design.
59. PageSpeed Insights – Analyzes a web page and suggests improvements to make the page load faster.
60. GTmetrix – Analyzes the speed and performance of your website.
61. What WordPress Theme Is That – Helps you detect the WordPress theme and plugins that a specified site uses.
62. BrowserStack – Gives you screenshots of how your website will look on different browsers.
63. Browser Shots – Provides screenshots of your website when viewed on different browsers and operating systems.
65. Google Analytics – The best analytics dashboard to keep track of your website analytics.
66. Pingdom – Checks the load time of you webpage and analyzes bottlenecks that may be slowing it down.
67. StatCounter – Monitors real-time user activity on your website.
68. Uptime Robot – Sends you notifications whenever your website goes down.
70. Rapportive – Gives you more information about your contacts inside your Gmail inbox.
71. MailTester.com – Helps you test an e-mail address to ensure that it is working.
72. WeTransfer – Allows you to tranfer large files (up to 2 GB) via email.
73. Email Format – Helps you find the email address formats used in a variety of companies.
74. Follow Up Then – An email reminder service that sends follow up emails.
75. Wise Stamp – Includes an email signature in your outgoing emails.
76. Unroll.Me – Helps you clean up your inbox by compiling all your incoming subscription emails into a daily digest.
78. Todoist – Helps you keep track of your to-do list across various devices.
79. Tomato Timer – A web-based timer based on the Pomodoro technique.
80. Dayboard – Helps you jot down your 5 most important tasks for each day.
81. Toggl – Keeps track of how much time you spend on each task during your work day.
82. LeechBlock – A Firefox add-on that restricts access to specified websites during your working hours.
84. Trello – A project management tool to help you effectively plan your projects with your team.
85. Convo – Helps you collaborate with your team members on your latest project.
86. Evernote – Keeps track of all your notes, research, and tasks in an organized manner.
88. Google Calendar – Helps you create and manage your events on a number of calendars, with the ability to share calendars them with others.
89. 30 Boxes – An online calendar to tag and keep track of all your scheduled events, and even share them with a buddy.
90. SetMore – A scheduling tool that helps you manage your appointments and team schedules.
92. Skype – A free audio/video calling tool that also allows you to share screens and transfer files.
93. Google Hangouts – Allows you to conduct live conversations with an individual, or as a group.
94. HipChat – Allows you to chat with an individual or a group, across a variety of devices.
95. GoToMeeting – Conduct an online audio/video meeting with screen-sharing for upto 3 participants.
97. Amazon S3 – Scalable, free data storage up to 5 GB for a period of 12 months.
98. Google Drive – Create, store and share documents, slideshows, spreadsheets, forms and drawings upto 15 GB.
99. Dropbox – Provides upto 2 GB of free storage space with the ability to share individual files/folders with others.
101. Coffitivity – Generates ambient sounds to keep your creative juices flowing.
Wow! That’s a LOT of tools…! Have you found a couple you’re planning to use? Let me know which in the comments below.
Wow Sunu, this is AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much for these resources!!
oh dear Edurne…thank you!!
such great resources. I just made my first video with PowToon.
Portent Title Generator is just hilarious.
Powtoon is really a easy video tool! I tried once ..just for fun but need to create one for my business!!
I was thinking about using a website that I didn’t see on here… Hootsuite… It helps you manage multiple social media accounts. Has anyone every used it? What do you think?
Hootsuite is really cool and saves so much time.
I’m using a 30 day trial and plan to upgrade as I find it worth it .
I love Viraltag!! They seem to have a lil more.
All of these ideas and references are FABULOUS, by the way. Thank you so much for sharing! (:
Thank you so much Drew!
What an amazing assortment of great information. Thanks for sharing and I will look forward to reading your blog in the future !!!!!
With your permission, I’d add a few more tools on the list:
#1 Camtasia – allows you to record your screen and export a video to be used as a tutorial or even video ad.
#2 Worksnaps – best time tracking software I ever used, and I used a few in the past years.
#3 Specfox – ridiculously easy to use web tool for writing feedback on layouts, landing pages or entire websites, also great for writing website specifications.
IRINA,thanks a lot!
Thank you Irina for adding more to this list!! You are awesome!!
well…it’s one of a kind post that i met online…
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!GREAT JOB
Thank you so much Billy!! Your comment made my day!
just a little update-Animoto is not a free program,please note.
Animoto had a free personal plan at the time of posting this article. oh Billy..thanks for providing that update. They now have just 14 day free trial! I will update the article with that info!!
Update——PowToon-free account exist with some limitations:
watermark+no download file+no commercial rights+Max length of video-5 min.
Thank you, Billy. I’ll make a note of that.
Thankyou so much!! This compilation is in itself a tool!!
Thank you for the kind words, Neha!
Thank you so much for this list! I’ve been looking for a long time for programmes that help me keep track of my tasks and to increase my productivity (I started a craft business this year).
This list is also very well divided into different topics
There are so many great online tools for businesses, Jessi. Glad you found some useful ones on this list.
A great list – a lot of which I haven’t heard of before! Opened those ones in new tabs and now have a TON to check out 🙂 I would add 2:
Hootsuite – great for pre-scheduling social media posts and also posts from rss feeds. It is free for up to 3 social media accounts.
IFTTT.com has a ton of scripts to let you do things like auto post to pinterest from an rss feed and tons more.
What an amazing & incredibly helpful list of resources! Thank you so much!
Thank you for the resources. I plan on checking out Powtoons, Emaze, and Easel.ly
Have a good one!????
Wonderful. Dear griend amazing things are in online and also in your blessed brain. Thak you and God I will malke advantages…..
Hi Sunu! Thank you for this gem of resources. Lots of free online tools to choose from. I would recommend you to add Emitii and Slack to your list. Both these tools are amazing for small business and freelancers.
This list is awesome; I can’t wait to try out Powertoon. Thank you very much Sunu, God bless.
Thank you! I just tried Portent Title Generator! Cool! Thank you!
Hi, This is super helpful information that I have saved for future reference. Thank you for taking the time to put these helpful tools together.
Thank you very much for sharing a wonderful post. This one of the best post I ever gone through in my life. Thanks a lot.
Great read thanks for sharing! These tools are a great help especially for freelancers and online businesses. Time tracking tools are also important as it helps you and your employees keep track of your time and productivity. By using web-based time tracking tool from sites like https://www.clockspot.com/ you can micro manage your projects and be more effective with completing your tasks.
Do you want to change the size of your image?
Just try this website https://www.resizejpeg.com/ to reduce the size of your image easily without losing its quality,
It is completely free and it is not necessary to register.