A lot of successful entrepreneurs hold TED Talks that provide a wealth of information on how to run startups and improve as an entrepreneur. Here are some of my favorite TED Talks.
1. Bill Gross: The Single Biggest Reason why Startups Succeed – Bill Gross shares his findings on startup success based on data data from hundreds of companies.
2. Gary Vaynerchuk: Do What you Love. (No Excuses!) – Gary Vaynerchuk encourages potential entrepreneurs to overcome self-doubt and curb all excuses while pursuing their dreams.
3. Elizabeth Gilbert: Success, Failure and the Drive to Keep Creating – The author of ‘Eat, Pray, Love,’ shares about success, failure, and how to carry, regardless of the outcome.
4. Seth Godin: How to Get Your Ideas to Spread – Seth Godin, the well known marketing guru, explains why bizarre and even bad ideas can be more successful than ordinary ones.
5. Richard St. John: 8 Secrets of Success – A TED Talk on why people succeed, and it’s not just because they’re smart or lucky!
6. Tim Harford: Trial, Error, and the God Complex – Tim Hartford shares how successful systems are built through trial and error, by making better mistakes.
7. Gayle Tzemach Lemmon: Women Entrepreneurs, Example not Exception – Gayle Lemmon talks about the role of women in economic development, whether they run a home business or a major corporation.
8. Jason Fried: Why Work Doesn’t Happen at Work – Jason Fried explains why the office isn’t a good place to work, and offers suggestions on how to make your workplace actually work.
9. Julie Burstein: 4 Lessons in Creativity – Julie Burstein shares insights on how to create from a filmmaker, writer, sculptor and photographer.
10. Steven Johnson: Where Good Ideas Come From – Steven Johnson talks about how good ideas don’t come from isolated ‘Aha’ moments, but go much deeper.
11. Bel Pesce: 5 Ways to Kill your Dreams – Bel Pesce, a Brazilian entrepreneur, debunks 5 myths we believe that kill our dream projects.